Mountain Dew is putting on another sweepstakes promotion that is coinciding with the release of the new “The Dark Knight Rises” Batman movie coming out on July 20th. The new promotion is pretty cool and allows you to “buy” movie related gear with points that you gain from gathering caps from specially marked Mountain Dew products. This will be the second large promotion that Mountain Dew is running, currently the www.dewoutdoors.com promotion runs through November of this year. In that promotion you collect points the same way and with them you can “buy” products that are related to many outdoor activities like camping, fishing and hunting.
Product codes that you will want to collect can be found on the following products:
- 20-ounce bottle: 1 point
- 2-liter bottle: 1 point
- 12-pack: 3 points
- 24-pack: 5 points
Codes can also be sent to you in the mail, for those instructions you will want to check out the OFFICIAL RULES page. Specific interactions on the site can also get you points. Other features on the site allow you to explore Gotham City and rule the streets through interactive screens. You can also view all of the gear that is available to buy with your points. Each week new gear will be released and once the supplies are gone you can save up for the next product. Right now, you can pick up a The Dark Knight Rises t-shirt. Coming up on June 25th you will be able to buy a Bane Poster. The products keep coming from there and end with a The Dark Knight Rises hoodie on August 6th.
The sweepstakes promotion starts on June 18th and comes to an end on August 12th, so hurry to the closest Mountain Dew retailer and start collecting your points today!
- You can only enter a max of 500 points during the promotion
- You can get the caps on many different products while supplies last
- You can only enter codes during the promotional period
- You can only enter the promotion if you are 13 years or older and live in one of the 50 United States
- Ask your friends to keep codes for you so you can gain points faster
- Share with Facebook and Twitter so that all of your friends can play too
Here is additional information about Pongr:
Pongr is an image recognition website. There are two Pongr integrations on DEWGothamCity.com that invite users to upload photos in return for both points and badges. One badge and five (5) points will be awarded for a photo upload to the villain gallery within the Gotham City Police Department. Users must dress up as a villain from The Dark Knight Rises and take a photo, then email that photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with #DEWVillain included in the subject or body of the email. No subsequent badges or points will be awarded for additional photo uploads.
One additional badge and five (5) points can also be earned from participation in the Convenience gallery within the Gotham City Convenience environment. Users must find Mountain Dew /The Dark Knight Rises point-of-sale materials at participating locations and take a picture, then email that picture to email@example.com with #DEWStop included in the subject or body of the email. No subsequent badges will be awarded for additional photo uploads.
Or head to your local participating foodservice location and find a fountain cup from DEW and The Dark Knight Rises. Follow directions on the cup and text/email a picture of it to get an additional point.
If you are anything like me than you like to get things for free and even if you have to buy a soda, to get a code, to enter it online and win a prize, you will do it. That brings us to the latest sweepstakes from Pepsi and Mountain Dew. As you know I have been blogging about my addiction to Mountain Dew for a while now and now that I have been drinking it a lot less, I feel much better. It does not help that I know see codes that I can enter to win something. So, today I purchased a Diet Mountain Dew just to check out when the IconicSummer.com sweepstakes is all about.
The sweepstakes if very, very simple.
- First you buy any of the specially marked bottles, 12-packs or 24-packs of soda and find your codes. You can get a code for free if you want to go through the mail, but in my opinion, it might be easier to just buy a bottle of soda.
- Go to IconicSummer.com to sign up and enter your codes. If you have participated in a Pepsi promotion online before, you will not need to sign up again, it will recognize your email and you can go from there. Just make sure your address is correct.
- Codes are entered for your chance to collect certain icons (see picture), which are then used to match up and unlock prizes available to you. The more codes that you enter, the more icons you collect and the better chance you have of unlocking a prize.
Seems very simple and I think the companies know they need to keep it simple otherwise nobody will play along. This contest runs through August so you have plenty of time to bother all of your friends for codes. You can also find places that will auction the codes to others for “free”. See Listia.com for more information. Rules for this promotion can be found here.
LIKE for More ways to win:
- Each code that you enter will also give you a sweepstakes entry for a weekly prize. Those prizes are based on the region you are located. Keeping an eye out for packages that are specially marked for your region will also get you more entries.
- Second Chance Sweepstakes comes after the initial sweepstakes is over. If you have icons that you did not use throughout the sweepstakes, you can simply enter them in the Second Chance Sweepstakes from 8/11 to 8/31.
I am sure that by now you have heard of the Skylanders video game for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii. If not, that is a simple Google search that you can do to get caught up to speed. Once you know what the game is all about and why it is causing such a buzz online, you will also start to notice that the characters used to play the game are hard to come by. One specifically seems to be out of stock more than others and that is the Ninjini for the Skylanders Giants game.
The Ninjini Skylander can rarely be found at all, in fact, if you look it up online, you might as well be prepared to pay 3 to 4 times more than the $15 retail for it. Many are browsing all the Wal-Marts in the area with hopes to find one just to be able to put it up online and make some money.
Even though the Niniji character is available throughout the country, you can still get about double what you paid for it on eBay. Other than stopping in at the local Wal-mart I have not been able to find the toy anywhere else without having to pay way too much for it.
Where are you finding the Skylanders Giants Ninjini?
In case you do not remember the last time that Mountain Dew and Doritos got together to bring you prizes for a Halo video game launch, it was actually this time last year and here is the post I put up regarding that promotion. Just like the last time around, the promotion is VERY easy and all you have to do is collect the codes that you get from Mountain Dew & Doritos products that you purchase anyways. Gamers love you drink the Mtn Dew and eat a full bag of Doritos, especially while playing Halo all night.
Like I just said, the promotion is very easy. According to the website all you have to do is the following:
- Buy the right products
- Enter Codes at http://www.dewxp.com
- USE Double XP – Halo 4 and Xbox Live Gold membership required – starts Nov. 6th
- Enter to WIN Prizes – bank your points and use them for a chance to win prizes
You will know exactly what Mtn Dew products are eligible because the bottles have ORANGE gaps and the 12-packs and 24-packs are specially marked with HALO 4 logos. There are plenty of prizes to get your hands on as well. According to what I see on the website, you will have a chance to win:
- Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 Wireless Controller
- Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 Console
- Halo 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 Game
- 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership
- 14″ Warthog by Jada Toys
- 7″ Warthog with Characters by Jada Toys
- 6″ Action Figure by McFarlane Toys
- Halo 4 Co-Branded Hoodies by ChangesOnline
- Xbox Live Avatar T-Shirts
- ACME Gallery Wrapped Canvas
All of the prizes would be perfect gifts for the holidays coming up in a could months. If you are having issues finding enough codes, you can get bonus codes if buy certain combos of products from certain retailers throughout the promotion. The following is taken right from the DewXP.com website and shows how you can get one of the bonuses:
The Dew/Doritos Combo Bonus
Available: October 15, 2012 – January 31, 2012
DewXP Accounts will be awarded a special bonus of (2) Double XP Matches if they input any combination of both Mtn Dew and Doritos codes during a single online code redemption submission.
This promotion is going to be as awesome as the last one so make sure you do not waste anytime getting your codes. The promotion ends on January 31, 2013, at 11:59:59 A.M.
There are plenty of people that have been disappointed that they could not find the Chica plush doll from The Sunny Side Up TV show. The website, www.sproutonline.com, shows plenty of games, videos, activities and other information, but nowhere that you can pick the plush doll toy up. Apparently, many parents are flocking to the internet to see if they can get their hands on the officially licensed plush toy that squeaks, but are led to listings on Amazon that show the toy for $150-$300!
Well, even though you might love your child, you are not likely going to purchase a plush toy for them at that price! With just a little bit of more research you can find the plush toy for just $20 on the Amazon web site. For that low cost of $20, plus shipping you can get your hands on the officially licensed Chica Chicken from the Sunny Side Up Show. It stands 12-inches tall and comes with the squeaker that your child will LOVE and recognize!
The item is provided by Sprout, so you know that it is the real deal and fulfilled by Amazon.com so you know you will get your shipment without a hassle. Just take a couple minutes to search Google if you want, but I have decided to provide exact link for you. It will save you time and money if you go to the link below, but hurry since some reviewers have complained the item was out of stock when they tried to order.
About the show:
The Sunny Side Up Show is a live television programming block dedicated to helping preschoolers prepare for the day ahead with its warm, welcoming and fun environment. Children, their parents and caregivers can share birthday wishes, crafts, games, show & tell and interact live with the hosts, Sean, Kelly, Dennisha, Liz, and Chica. This live, three-hour block, with hosted segments, links Sprout’s gold-standard shows, such as Barney & Friends and Thomas the Tank Engine.